How to Find Your Saved Wifi Password on Windows and Mac OS
Hello Friends in this article we will help you to Find Your Saved Wifi Password on Windows and Mac OS Computer.
You can do this by using your computer Setting, or by accessing your router setting page.
if you don’t have access to router setting page, for example, you may change the login information and you don’t remember that. Resetting your router will restore the factory default password.
you can not find or determine your network’s password on mobile this all the steps we talk here you should follow from a computer device.
Method 1: Find your saved Wi-Fi Password on Windows
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon.
you can find it on the right side of the taskbar. by clicking that windows will prompt the Wi-Fi Menu to Appear.
Note: Be sure this method only works if you are currently connected to a Wi-Fi network which you have forgotten the Password.
If you are not connected to Wi-Fi so Don’t follow this steps you have to jump on Resetting Wi-Fi Router to Factory Default.
- Click Network Setting. you can see on the picture where to find this option.
- Click the Wi-Fi tab. It’s on the left side of the Settings window.
- Click Change adapter options. You can see the option on the picture under “Related settings” Category.
- Click your current Wi-Fi network. You should see a monitor-shaped icon with green bars next to it on this page; this is your current network. As the picture below.
- Click View status of this connection. It’s a menu item just below the address bar at the top of the Network Connections window.
Click Wireless Properties. as you can see on the picture below.
Click the Security tab. You’ll find this tab at the top of the window. Doing so opens a page that has a “Network security key” field near the middle of the page; this is where your password is stored.
Check the “Show characters” box. It’s below the “Network security key” field. This will replace the black dots in the “Network security key” field with your Wi-Fi password.
Method 2: Find your saved Wi-Fi Password on Mac
- Open Keychain Access app. It is located in the Applications > Utility folder.
- Select the System keychain in the left menu bar, and select Passwords from the category menu. This will filter the key chains to just your stored passwords.
- Double click on the name of the network for which you want to view the password.
- This will open a new window specific to that stored password. Click on the ‘Show password’ checkbox.
- You will be asked to authenticate with a username and password. This account must have administrator privileges on your Mac.
If you are unsure what your username is, open up the Finder app and look for the home icon in the Favorites sidebar. Your home folder will call the same as your username.
- After successfully authenticating, the wi-fi network password will be revealed in the previous window.