Android is one of the most popular mobile operating systems that helped people use their phones for things other than talking. But, only a few know the hidden features and tricks about Android smartphones. There are various ways you can make your phone to dance at your tips. Today, we are going to share 10 best Android tips and tricks you should know.
Following is the list of 10 Best Android Tips and Tricks You Should Know
1 – Change default apps: If you’ve set an app as default to open a task (e.g. launching Chrome to open a link), you can change it in your Android. You just need to follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Choose the app you want to remove as default.
- Tap on Set as default.
- Tap on Clear defaults.
You May Also Like:
- How to Recover Lost Data on any Android Devices Easily With TunesBro
- Best Android Cleanup Apps – Top 10 Best Android Cleaning Apps 2018
- How to Correctly Transfer Android Mobile Data to iPhone iOS Device
- List of 5+ Best Android Hacking Tools and Application for Games
- 10 Best Android Hacking Applications & Tools for 2017 & 2018
- 6 App’s To Correctly Create Password Protected Folder on Android
- How to Enable Power Saving Mode on Android Devices?
- How to Reset Pattern lock on Android Device if forgotten
- How to reduce mobile data usage on your iPhone
2 – Enable developer mode: Developer mode is a hidden feature of any Android smartphone. If you want to test the limits of Android customization, you probably want to enable its developer mode. You may follow the below steps to unlock it:
- Launch Settings
- Go to About phone and click on build number seven times in a row.
- You should see a notification like ‘You’re now a developer’.
- Return to Settings and you can see Developer options
3 – Mobile data usage: If you want to track your data usage, you don’t have to install any app for that. Your Android provides you with a feature that lets you keep an eye on your mobile data usage. Here’s how you can enable it.
- Head over to Settings > Data Usage.
- Set data limit by dragging the orange line to show your monthly quota.
- Set your data usage cycle based on when your “month” starts and ends, and you’re set.
4 – Multiple Google accounts: Android has endless features to comfort your daily exploring. You don’t have to settle with just one Google account on it, rather you’re allowed to add multiple Google accounts. Follow the below steps to add another account on your Android:
- Launch Settings > Accounts
- Select Add account
- Select Google and set up your New or Existing Google account.
- Once added, choose the items you want to sync with the account.
5 – Disable automatic update: If you don’t want your Android to decide which app gets updated automatically, you’re allowed to put a ban on the automatic update of applications by following the below steps:
- Launch Google Play Store and go to Settings on the left.
- Tap on Auto-update
- Choose Do not auto-update apps.
6 – Boost Android performance: Though the new Android phones are already faster. However, changing a few settings can boost your smartphone performance. You may consider changing your phone’s “Window animation scale”, “Transition animation scale” and “Animator duration scale”. Make sure you’ve got Developer’s options enabled for the same before you proceed with below steps:
- Launch Settings
- Go to Developer’s options
- Scroll down till you see Window animation scale”, “Transition animation scale” and “Animator duration scale” options.
- Change the value accordingly from 1x to 5x.
7 – Manage app notifications: You’re not forced to see all the notifications from every app. You can choose the important applications, you want to be notified about and block every other app notification from the settings by following below steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Notifications
- Turn on or off the app notifications by sliding the button.
8 – Screen pinning: If you’ve children using your smartphone for their amusement and you don’t want them to end up generating a massive bill amount or see an age-restricted content, you can take help of screen pinning. You may follow the below tips to make it happen:
- Launch Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll down to Security and tap on it.
- Tap on Screen pinning, at the bottom of the Security page.
- Slide the switch to On.
9 – Smart Lock: If you’re tired of unlocking your phone every second, you’ve got the option to use the smart lock. As its name suggests, smart lock senses the trusted environment and locations, where it removes the need to use a keypad lock. You can turn on the smart lock feature using below steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Security.
- Click on Smart Lock and set it up.
10 – Priority mode: Priority mode is one of the most important and useful tricks for Android user. It lets you put your phone into silent mode, with exceptions to some “noises” to get through. They may be calls, texts, or WhatsApp messages from specific contacts, notifications from desired apps, or important alerts like alarms. Turn on priority mode by following below steps:
- Launch Settings
- Go to Sound & Notification
- Tap on Do not disturb
- Customize the option according to your needs.
Now that you know a lot of Android tips and tricks, you can start exploring your device and unearth the amazing features. Although, it is advised not to modify any critical setting as it may lead to a system crash. If you’ve made any changes and don’t see it working, you may try it after a devise restart.