if you want to use VPN connection in Windows 10 you need to have the proper credentials to access a server. Be sure you have these before you continue. You may have to coordinate with your system administrator.
Once you have all the required information, here is how you can set up a VPN connection in your Windows 10 computer:
- log on to your computer with Administrator Account.
- Once you log on to your computer with administrator account to your Disktop click on the Start in the left Bottom Corner of the screen.
- From the left section of the displayed Start menu, click Settings.
- when you Settings window page open, click the Network & Internet icon.
- From the left pane of the open Network & Internet window, click to select the VPN category.
- From the right pane, click the + icon representing the Add a VPN connection option.
- On the Add a VPN connection box, populate the fields with the correct values.
- Make sure that the Remember my sign-in info checkbox at the bottom is checked, and click Save.
- Note: You may not want to save the sign-in info on public computers such as those in Internet cafes, or libraries. Do NOT check the Remember my sign-in info when using such computers.
- Once the new VPN connection is successfully created, back on the Network & Internet window, keeping the VPN category selected from the left pane, click to select the newly created VPN connection from the right.
- Once selected, from the available buttons, you can either click Connect or Forget to connect to the VPN server using the provided details and credentials, or to remove the created connection respectively. Optionally, if needed, you can also click the Properties button to make changes to the created VPN connection.
After closing all the windows, you can still easily connect to the VPN server by clicking the Network icon from system tray at the bottom-right corner of the window, and clicking the Show available connections under the Additional settings section of the Wi-Fi or Ethernet category of the opened Network & Internet window.